Welcome to the Swansea BID ballot 2021 page. All news and information regarding the Ballot will be posted on here, so please check back regularly.
As Swansea BID, we are proud of the work we have done over the past five years and we hope you will continue to allow us to carry on this and other important work at a time when Swansea City Centre is set to reinvent itself and to market itself to investors, visitors and shoppers.
Our consultation process ran at 11/11 /2020 – 31/12/2020. Due to the worldwide pandemic, 1-2-1 physical meeting challenges, the consultation survey was produced and distributed in a digital format and when able to we visited businesses to gather feedback, remind them of the consultation and organised webinars.
We also took part in Welsh Government and British BIDs ballot training to make sure we were up to date on BID ballot matters. We sought feedback from national organisations, including British BIDs and The BID Foundation, who work closely with national chain head offices. We emailed the national businesses BID voters who we had the details for that operate in our BID area.
Please click here to give us your thoughts on our operations, so we can feed them into the business plan that you will be asked to vote upon between May and June 2021. Many thanks for taking an active role in the work we do to keep Swansea City Centre vibrant.
Make sure your voice is heard!
All businesses, with a rateable value of £5,000 or more, are entitled to vote in the upcoming ballot. Ballot papers will be posted out to you. To make sure your business details are correct then please fill in this form.
Ballot key dates and markers:
- 3rd December 2020 – Report proposal went to Local Authority Corporate Briefing
- 17th December 2020 – Report proposal went to Local Authority Cabinet to support and agree to hold the ballot
- 31st March 2021 (latest) – Welsh Government advised of the notice of ballot (84 days notice)
- 12th May – 42 days notice of ballot (Business Plan sent with notice of ballot)
- 26th May – 28 days notice of ballot
- 24th June – Close of ballot
- 25th June – Ballot results