In light of today’s briefing from the First Minister, we would like to say thank you to all our BID area businesses for their continued vigilance around the pandemic issues.
Please find below a list of updated measures from today’s announcement, as well as the current measures which will remain in place. The Welsh Government will be monitoring the situation closely and have changed the 3 week review period to 1 week.
These measures will now be reviewed weekly by the Government and we will be updating on any changes that are made.
- Face covering to now be worn in pubs and restaurants as well as cinemas and theatres, and most indoor places
- People are “strongly advised” to take a lateral flow test before going out to any gatherings, crowded places or before travelling
Current measures which remain in place:
- Covid passes are needed in cinemas, theatres and concert halls
- Shops are strongly encouraged to remind people of the requirement to wear masks
- Businesses are encouraged to work from home where possible and appropriate
- The government will ask people to self-isolate if someone in their household has symptoms or tests positive, until they get a negative PCR test
Covid passes are required for over-18s in:
- Nightclubs and similar venues
- Indoor, non-seated events for more than 500 people, such as concerts or conventions
- Outdoor non-seated events for more than 4,000 people
- Any setting or event with more than 10,000 people attending
- However, there are specific exemptions for outdoor events which are not ticketed
Who can get an NHS COVID PASS?
You can get an NHS COVID Pass if you are over 16 and one of the following applies:
- You are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- You have tested negative for COVID-19 (lateral flow test taken 48 hours before event or attending venue). You will need to report your result here. Results emailed or sent by text message are also considered proof of a negative test.
How to get a COVID PASS?
Digital COVID Passes must be requested from the NHS UK website. You cannot use the NHS app to get the COVID Pass if you live in Wales.
Get your NHS COVID PASS (on nhs.uk)
Click here for more information about the PASS and if you were vaccinated outside of the UK.
Please remember that the BID team is here to support you – get in touch if we can be of assistance on: [email protected]
We will continue to keep you updated on these matters but, as you know, the situation is very fluid so please visit the Welsh Government website too for detailed guidance.